9 day Vedantaretreat with Ammaji, Swamiji and Helga
Venue: Netala / Himalaya/ India, Oct. 15th until Oct. 24th 2023
- 9 days Retreat in Himalaya
- 8 full retreat days plus arrival day plus departure day
- Arrival day Sunday October 15th afternoon at Netala Ashram in Himalaya (Shuttle from Dheradhun Airport / Rishikesh to Netala Ashram will be organised for the whole group according to incoming flights. Please note: shuttle departure from Dheradhun Airport should be before 12 am on Oct 15th – for daylight travel in Himalayan streets)
- Departure day Tuesday October 24th morning from Netala Ashram in Himalaya (Shuttle to Dheradhun Airport / Rishikesh will be organised for the whole group. Shuttle departure from Netala Ashram can be between 06:00 am and 12:00 noon on Oct 24th, according to outgoing flights)
Content: 9 day Vedanta retreat with Mediation, Yin and Yang Yoga, as well as Ganga treks and temple visits in the Himalayan belt.
Teaching language: English for all parts of retreat.
Please note: host of the event is Purna Vidya Foundation (Ammaji) in India. Mindful Yin+Yoga office is only handling the registration process for students in Europe in the name of Purna Vidya Foundation, but is not the host of the event – host of the event is Purna Vidya Foundation.
Schedule Netala (still open to changes):
06:15 Morning tea
06:30 – 7:15 Vedanta 1 (Ammaji)
07:30 – 8:15 Vedanta 2 (Ammaji)
08:30 – 9:30 Breakfast / Rest
09:30 – 10:15 Vedanta 3 (Ammaji)
10:15 Herbal tea
10:30 – 11:30 Vedic / Yoga Sutra Chanting & Samskrtam Phonetics (Swamiji)
11:50 – 01:05 Asana (Yin & Yang), Pranayama, Meditation (Helga)
01:05 – 1:30 Lunch
01:30 – 3:00 Rest / Free time
03:00 – 03:15 Afternoon tea
03:30 – 5:15 A pilgrimage (Seva / Ganga Bank Meditations / Temples / Treks)
05:15 – 6:00 Temple Prayers at Ashram
06:00 – 7:00 Free time
07:00 – 7:30 Dinner
Evening: personal time / rest and sleep
(A pilgrimage includes 8 days of seva time, Ganga bank/ rock meditation, 3 days trek time, 1day main temple visit)
07:00 Morning tea
07:30 Vedanta 1
1) 720 Euro (to be payed at registration, non-refundable)
- Vedantaretreat with all classes plus Yoga
- Various trips and treks (temple trip Uttarkashi, temple trip Netala, treks on Ganga bank)
2) Double or triple room accommodation: 360 Euro (to be payed at ashram in India in cash in INR).
- 9 days ashram stay room and board (3 vegetarian indian meals plus 2 chai teas / day. Double or triple room accommodation – in simple and traditional Indian ashram standard *(what does this mean)
Total: 1.080 Euro for 9 day retreat with double or triple room accommodation, food and board.
Note: Single accommodation may be available on request only on-site. Availability is depending on number of participants / ashram capacity and can be arranged only on-site based on availability: Pricing for Single accommodation 730 Euro (to be payed at ashram in India).
Unmarried couples can share a double room.
Price excludes: flight, shuttle airport – ashram (approx. 100 Euro both ways), optional trip to Gangotri (50 Euro), personal offerings in temples and Guru Darshanam **.
* Solar heated water. Bucket Shower, no regular shower. Unlimited filtered drinking water. Please bring your own towels, and an organic washing soap. No laundry / dryer service is available, hand washing of clothes is of course possible. Please note: indian toilets have bidets or health faucets – no toilet paper is used. Please expect clean and basic, traditional Himalayan ashram standard. No luxuries like capucchino’s or western style food options are available in the ashram.
** Guru Darshanam is a customary personal offering to the Vedic teacher at the closing of the teachings, you could count 100 Euro to 150 Euro extra for these personal offerings to Ammaji and Swamiji. And I would recommend a 50 Euro tip to leave for all the Ashram staff at the end (which are very poor Indian families), if you feel inclined to do so.