9 day Vedantaretreat with Ammaji, Swamiji and Helga
Venue: Netala / Himalaya/ India, Oct. 15th until Oct. 24th 2023
- 9 days Retreat in Himalaya
- 8 full retreat days plus arrival day plus departure day
- Arrival day Sunday October 15th afternoon at Netala Ashram in Himalaya (Shuttle from Dheradhun Airport / Rishikesh to Netala Ashram will be organised for the whole group according to incoming flights. Please note: shuttle departure from Dheradhun Airport should be before 12 am on Oct 15th – for daylight travel in Himalayan streets)
- Departure day Thuesday October 24th morning from Netala Ashram in Himalaya (Shuttle to Dheradhun Airport / Rishikesh will be organised for the whole group. Shuttle departure from Netala Ashram can be between 06:00 am and 12:00 noon on Oct 24th, according to outgoing flights)
Content: 9 day Vedanta retreat with Mediation, Yin and Yang Yoga, as well as Ganga treks and temple visits in the Himalayan belt.
Teaching language: English for all parts of retreat.
Please note: host of the event is Purna Vidya Foundation (Ammaji) in India. Mindful Yin+Yoga office is only handling the registration process for students in Europe in the name of Purna Vidya Foundation, but is not the host of the event – host of the event is Purna Vidya Foundation.
Schedule (still open to changes):
6:30 – 7:00 Prayers & Meditation (Ammaji)
7:00 – 8:30 Yin & Yang Asana, Pranayama (Helga)
8:30 – 9:30 Breakfast
10:00 – 11:30 Vedanta Class 1 (Ammaji)
11:35 – 1:00 Vedanta Class 2 (Ammaji) / Group Reflections
01:00 lunch + rest time
03:00 afternoon tea time
3:30 – 4:15 Vedic Chanting Class / Sanskrit Grammar Class
4:30 – 6:00 ‘The Ganga Culture’ – optional Trekking through Himalayan villages
6:00 – 7:00 Temple Prayers at Ashram
7:00 – 7:45 Dinner
7:45 – 9:00 Satsang on ‘Himalayan spiritual life’ (TBA – only some of the days)
9:00 Closing for the day
1) 720 Euro (to be payed at registration, non-refundable)
- Vedantaretreat with all classes plus Yoga
- Various trips and treks (temple trip Uttarkashi, temple trip Netala, treks on Ganga bank)
2) Double room accommodation: 360 Euro (to be payed at ashram in India in cash in INR)
- 9 days ashram stay room and board (3 vegetarian indian meals plus 2 chai teas / day Double room accommodation – in simple and traditional Indian ashram standard *(what does this mean)
Total: 1.080 Euro for 9 day retreat with double room accommodation food and board.
Note: Single accommodation is available on request on-site. Availability is depending on number of participants / ashram capacity and can be arranged only on-site based on availability: Pricing for Single accommodation 730.- (to be payed at ashram in India).
Unmarried couples can share a double room.
Price excludes: flight, shuttle airport – ashram (approx. 100 Euro both ways), optional trip to Gangotri (50 Euro), personal offerings in temples and Guru Darshanam **.
* Solar heated water. Bucket Shower, no regular shower. Unlimited filtered drinking water. Please bring your own towels, and an organic washing soap. No laundry / dryer service is available, hand washing of clothes is of course possible. Please note: indian toilets have bidets or health faucets – no toilet paper is used. Please expect clean and basic, traditional Himalayan ashram standard. No luxuries like capucchino’s or western style food options are available in the ashram.
** Guru Darshanam is a customary personal offering to the Vedic teacher at the closing of the teachings, you could count 100.- to 150.- extra for these personal offerings to Ammaji and Swamiji. And I would recommend a 50.- tip to leave for all the Ashram staff at the end (which are very poor Indian families), if you feel inclined to do so.
Minimum participants 12 – maximum participants 28 (max. ashram capacity)